1. NIDA-NIAAA 2019 Mini-Convention: Frontiers in Addiction Research
Society for Neuroscience satellite meeting explores notable research on drug and alcohol addiction. (drugabuse.gov)
2. Taking The Cops Out Of Mental Health-Related 911 Rescues
Denver is considering adopting a new 911 alternative used in Eugene, Ore., that allows mental health and medical professionals, not police officers, to respond to some emergency calls, saving money and de-escalating situations with mentally ill people. (khn.org)
3. Opioid doctor’s 40-year sentence is a stark reminder of the widespread overdose epidemic
Opioids are often used to treat chronic and acute pain, and when used appropriately can be a solution for patients. But the drugs also come with serious risks, including addiction, or the potential for misuse, overdose and possibly even death. (foxnews.com)
4. What are the links between alcohol and anxiety?
Many people use alcohol to reduce anxiety, but it can end up making anxiety worse in the long term. Learn about the link between alcohol and anxiety, and tips for coping here. (medicalnewstoday.com)
5. Buprenorphine for Substance Use Disorder: Is Certification Right for Your Practice?
There is an enormous need for well-trained providers who are educated in treating opioid use disorder. (psychiatryadvisor.com)
Visit Previous week Addiction Recovery News Around the World