1. Marijuana Use While Pregnant Boosts Risk Of Children’s Sleep Problems
As many as 7% of moms-to-be use marijuana while pregnant and that number is rising fast as more use it to quell morning sickness. But new research suggests such use could have a lasting impact on ( sciencedaily.com)
2. Uptick in Buprenorphine Use for OUD Likely Attributed to NP, PA Prescribing Habits
Researchers sought to examine national- and county-level buprenorphine prescription patterns by patient demographics and clinician specialty, and county-level characteristics associated with buprenorphine dispensing.
3. People Who Use Drugs Face Unique Challenges Under Hard Lockdown And The Government’s Support Is Vital
The “hard lockdown” of nine public housing towers in Melbourne has no doubt brought an array of challenges for the thousands of residents. ( theconversation.com )
4. Coronavirus Pandemic Disrupts Treatment For Another Epidemic: Addiction
The 20-year-old wasn’t in jail. He wasn’t on the streets chasing drugs. Methadone to treat his opioid addiction was delivered to his door ( usnews.com )
5. Ccsa’s Covid-19 Resource Section Has What You Need To Know About The Impacts Of Covid-19 On Substance Use.
CCSA is the go-to place in Canada for trusted information on COVID-19 and substance use. We have put together a suite of resources from websites and organizations from around the world, as well as publications from our own experts. ( Ccsa.ca )
Visit Previous week Addiction Recovery News Around the World
You can leave the rehab any time, no one will compel you to stay at the rehab. However, dedication and continued treatment are required to fight addiction and achieve a sober life.
There are various stages of addictions. The initial stage is the functioning individual with the addiction. The most common scenario is they have a job and their relationships are intact, but their health is depleting slowly because of their dependence.
Narcotic analgesics (painkillers) are drugs that can reduce pain, cause numbness and/ or induce a state of unconsciousness. They have the tendency to cause tolerance and addiction
Subscribe to our blog