1. Comedian John Mulaney Checks Into Pennsylvania Rehab For Alcohol, Cocaine Addiction
Comedian John Mulaney checks into Pennsylvania rehab for alcohol, cocaine addiction (phillyvoice.com)
2. COVID-19 And Addiction Recovery: Sobriety Is Still Possible
Minnesota community members want everyone to know sobriety is still possible amid the pandemic. (fox9.com)
3. Pacific Grove Residential Addiction Treatment Facility Beacon House Closing Its Doors
In 2018, it partnered with Chicago-based Gateway Foundation, which operates the largest network of treatment facilities in the U.S. Beacon House was Gateway’s only California partner, according to its website. (montereyherald.com)
4. Pandemic Creates The Perfect Storm For Those Seeking Recovery From Addiction
Nielsen’s tracking of alcohol sales during the month of March showed beer increased 15 percent, wine jumped 27 percent, and spirits by nearly 32 percent. (fox9.com)
5. How To Respect Patients And Share Their Story For Addiction Treatment Video Production
This year InnerAction Media began working with Seneca Health Services. Seneca uses a holistic approach to helping those with substance use disorder and those facing mental health issues. (wvnews.com)
Browse Previous Week’s Addiction Recovery Roundup
You can leave the rehab any time, no one will compel you to stay at the rehab. However, dedication and continued treatment are required to fight addiction and achieve a sober life.
There are various stages of addictions. The initial stage is the functioning individual with the addiction. The most common scenario is they have a job and their relationships are intact, but their health is depleting slowly because of their dependence.
Narcotic analgesics (painkillers) are drugs that can reduce pain, cause numbness and/ or induce a state of unconsciousness. They have the tendency to cause tolerance and addiction
Subscribe to our blog