Table Of Contents
Rohypnol Withdrawal Symptoms
Once the high of addiction to Rohypnol begins to dissipate, users feel distressing withdrawal symptoms, which are similar to those of alcohol and other benzos, commonly known as comedown effects.
Typically, the withdrawal effects show up around 10-26 hours after the last ingestion, with varying intensities, depending on factors like the individual’s psychological state, age, the timeframe of use, and drug dependency.
Rohypnol Withdrawal Timeline
Days 3-4: Acute Withdrawal Stage
- Flulike symptoms
- Rebound anxiety-related issues
- Increased blood pressure
Days 10-14: Protracted Withdrawal Stage
- Nausea and vomiting
- Weight loss
Some Shocking Statistics
- Adolescents and young adults are the primary individuals that abuse Rohypnol the most, of whom, the majority are male.
- In a study involving victims who had been drugged, 80% of them said they had at least one negative experience and 31% of them reported being physically sick after being drugged.
- Around 75% of acquaintance rapes involve drugs like Rohypnol and alcohol.
- It is estimated that nearly 11 million American women have been raped while they were under the influence of alcohol and drugs – taken deliberately or unknowingly.
- Among the 25% of women who were sexually assaulted, Rohypnol, GHB, marijuana, and cocaine were involved, while alcohol was found in over 69% of the collected samples.
Rohypnol Addiction Treatment Options
Seizures are some of the most dangerous Rohypnol addiction withdrawal symptoms that occur in the peak period of about one week after you stop the usage. In extreme cases, the dangerous nature of the drug’s withdrawal effects can cause permanent damage to the brain or even lead to coma and death.
Hence, it is imperative that you undergo the detox process under medical supervision. Medically-supervised treatment and detox programs provided in a safe facility are the only successful methods to get rid of Rohypnol addiction.
There are four main methods and stages of treatment for Rohypnol addiction
- Tapered Detoxification Programs: Rohypnol dosage is gradually reduced under medical supervision to prevent severe issues like seizures and psychiatric problems.
- Rehabilitation Centers: Inpatient and outpatient treatment facilities provide a secure environment that enhances your treatment and recovery. Qualified medical professionals offer nonjudgmental care for each individual.
- Integrated Health Care: Mental health screenings, 24/7 monitoring, holistic, therapeutic approaches, behavioral therapies, and replacement medication are some of the integrated treatment methods to treat Rohypnol addiction.
- Peer-Based Addiction Treatment: For lasting recovery, after the treatment is finished, you will be assisted with 12-step programs, group counseling, stress management, and more. By helping you establish social connections and recognize cues that trigger Rohypnol cravings, you can mitigate situations that lead to a relapse.
Get the Best Care You Deserve from Top Rohypnol Addiction Treatment Centers Near You
If you are struggling with Rohypnol dependence issues, do not hesitate to call your nearest addiction treatment centers. There are many types of treatment options available to fit each of the users’ needs. If you are looking for treatment for Rohypnol dependence, use the Addiction Aide website to locate the best rehab centers that provide a variety of programs to get back your health.