WISCONSIN SUBSTANCE ABUSE
Wisconsin is a state located in the north-central part of the United States. The state is bordered by Minnesota to the west, in the southwest direction by lowa, in the south direction by Illinois, in the east side by Lake Michigan, in the northeast direction by Michigan and in the north direction by Lake Superior. Wisconsin is the 23rd largest state by area and the 20th most populous state. The capital of the state is Madison and the largest city is Milwaukee.
These are the top cities in Wisconsin
|S.No||Name of the cities||Population||Latitude/Longitude|
|1||Milwaukee||600,155||43.039 / -87.906|
|2||Madison||248,951||43.073 / -89.401|
|3||Green Bay||194,288||30.694 / -88.043|
|4||Kenosha||99,858||42.585 / -87.821|
|5||Racine||77,742||42.726 / -87.783|
Most commonly abused substance in Wisconsin
Substance abuse statistics
- The death rates due to the heroin reference have increased from 5% in 2006 to 33% in 2014.
- The residents who age between 18-25 years has recorded with the highest rate of nonmedical use of pain relievers.
- About 64 percent of the people in Wisconsin on the adult correction have a substance use disorder.
- Most of the theft cases and it is about 90% were caused by the drug users and main substance they abuse is meths.
- In Wisconsin, the sale of synthetic narcotics was increased by 19.4% in the year 2011 to 2012 and the arrest ratio after possessing it was increased by 14.4%.
- In order to get high some teenagers use prescription drugs or over-the-counter pain medications and this can be a dangerous introduction to substances. In the year 2013-2014 about 22,000 people age between 12-17, that is about 5% of adolescents in the state report abusing pain killers last year.
- According to the report by SAMSHA, about 376,000 people who age more than 12, struggle with alcohol abuse or dependence in the state in 2012.
- About 126,000 people who age more than 12 were dependent on or abusing illegal substances in the year 2012 and this rate equals 2.6% of people of the same age group. However, many people were struggling with the effects of substance abuse and subsequent addiction in Wisconsin.
- On those who need treatment for their alcohol abuse, about 5.4% of them in numbers it was 21,000 people receive treatment for their alcohol addiction in the state. These stats show that the vast number of people who were in the need for alcohol treatment didn't get any kind of help.
- In the year 2016, the Wisconsin Epidemiological Profile on Alcohol & Other Drugs revealed some of the interesting statistics about the use of the illicit substance in the state.
- The most common factor for the deaths of about 2,000 in the year 2015 was alcohol and it is the most frequently abused substance in the state.
- In between the years 2014 and 2015, the state matched the national average of people who were abusing painkillers like Vicodin and OxyContin among the total population of people who age more than 12, about 4% of them were abusing these drugs.
- Between the years 2011 and 2015, the state also exceeds the national average of individuals who abuse alcohol.
Substance abuse treatment
For a substance use disorder, nearly 16,296 people received treatment in Wisconsin.
|S.No||Name of the drug||Number people received treatment||percentage|
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
If you are struggling with addiction, SAMHSA helps you to find local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
Addiction Aide HotLine
Addiction aide provides confidential drug abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve Long-term recovery, give us a call or fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Find a way to your recovery
The need for treatment centers and the awareness needed for the people of the state were the much-needed thing for those who were in need of some recovery. The government equally spends a budget on the welfare of the people by spreading awareness through campaigns and needle exchange programs and many treatment facilities in their area. We addictionaide list the best treatment centers available in your area, you can check the available treatments, features, and amenities of different centers near your place. If you even want to travel outside of your place to recover from your addiction, we are there to help you with many possible options and you can choose the best from that. Call us to have a confidential assessment.
Current captions about Drug abuse in Wisconsin
There were nearly 607 DUI associated with vehicle accidents
In 2012, above 1,700 deaths were connected to extreme alcohol consumption.
From 2010 to 2014, nearly 1592 % rose in methamphetamine seizures by the State Patrol.
You Can also View:
Let Us Call You
Dont go through the process of recovery alone. Get in touch with someone who can help.
Get a Call
BROWSE REHAB CENTERS
No matter where you live,There is a drug rehab center that can help you overcome your addiction