Drug Rehab Centers In West Virginia
West Virginia is a state located in the Appalachian region of the Southern United States, it is also considered to be a part of the Mid-Atlantic Southeast Region. The state is bordered in the north by Pennsylvania, in the east and northeast direction by Maryland, on the southeast direction by Virginia and to the southwest by Kentucky and in the northwest direction by Ohio. It is the 41st largest state by area and ranked 38th in population. The capital of the state is Charleston and it is the largest city too. It is also known for a wide range of outdoor recreational opportunities, including skiing, whitewater rafting, fishing, hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, rock climbing, and hunting.
These are the top cities in West Virginia
|S.No||Name of the cities||Population0strong>||Latitude/Longitude|
|1||Charleston||49,736||38.35 / -81.633|
|2||Huntington||48,638||38.419 / -82.445|
|3||Parkersburg||30,991||39.267 / -81.562|
|4||Morgantown||30,708||39.63 / -79.956|
|5||Wheeling||27,648||40.064 / -80.721|
Most commonly abused substance in West Virginia
Substance abuse statistics
- According to the survey in-between the years for the overdose deaths as follows: in 2007 and 2009-it was 22 overdose deaths recorded for every 100,000 residents of the state, in 2011-2013 it was observed as 33.5 and in the year 2015 it was about 41.5, it has been recorded a constant increase in all these years.
- About 2.9% of residents aged more than 12, the count is roughly about 46,000 people who abuse or dependent on using illicit drugs in the year 2013.
- Nearly 13.5% of people who were between 18-25 years receive treatment for their addiction and the rest of the people were not involved in any kind of treatment their recovery.
- In West Virginia, the admissions in the treatment centers were about 34.9 for opiates other than heroin and this rate is 4 times higher than the national average.
- In the year 2013-2014 about 4.3% of adolescents age between 12 and 17, the count is around 6,000 abuse painkillers for non-medical purposes in the state.
- 6.3% of people(about 100,000) who age more than 12 were dependent or abusing alcohol in the year 2012-2014.
- Nearly 46,000 residents of West Virginians who age more than 12 were abusing or dependent on illegal substances in the year 2013-2014, focusing more on the need for the drug treatment center in West Virginia.
- About 10,000 people a year received treatment for their alcohol abuse in the state from the year 2010-2014 and the rate is only 11.5% of those who were dealing with that.
- About 900 residents of the state receive treatment for their marijuana addiction in the year 2008 and more than 300 residents in the state needed to find substance abuse treatment centers for the crack and powder cocaine(side effects of crack cocaine).
- In West Virginia, many cases recorded for the possession of narcotic drug felony and for those who come up with that receive 15 years of jail and $15,000 fine.
- There was a sharp increase observed for the opioid overdose death rates from 1.8 deaths per 100,000 people in the year 1999 to 43.4 deaths per 100,000 in 2016, this rate is almost 3times than the national average.
- The primary substances used in the state were heroin and synthetic opioids, by abusing this there was recorded 733 overdose deaths in 2016.
- 18% of high school students report the usage of drinking alcohol before they turned 13 and this percentage is higher than the national average.
- In 2010, the death rates due to the opioid overdose has more than quadrupled from 102 to 435.
Substance abuse treatment
For a substance abuse disorder, about 3,029 people received treatment in 2015
|S.No||Name of the drug||Number people received treatment||percentage|
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
If you are struggling with addiction, SAMHSA helps you to find local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
Addiction Aide HotLine
Addiction aide provides confidential drug abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve Long-term recovery, give us a call or fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Find a way to your recovery
The state has been observed with the gradual increase in the percentage of people abusing illicit drugs or alcohol. In order to help the people of the state, there were many treatment centers available in the state. You can the features and amenities of the different treatment in our addictionaide website or can give us a call to have a free assessment.
Current captions about Drug abuse in West Virginia
In 2015, West Virginia is the top 5 marijuana-producing state in the USA.
From 1999 to 2010, drug overdose deaths increased sharply by 605%.
Nearly 1 in 5 high school seniors have easy access to heroin.