Drug Rehab Centers In Washington
Washington is officially known as the State of Washington located in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States. It is named after the first US president. The state is bordered in the west by the Pacific Ocean, to the south by Oregon, in the east direction by Idaho and in the north direction, Washington is bordered by the Canadian province of British Columbia. The capital of the state is Olympia and the largest city in the state is Seattle. It is often referred to as Washington State in order to distinguish it from the nation's capital, Washington, D.C. It is the 18th largest state and 13th most populous state in the country.
These are the top cities in Washington
|S.No||Name of the cities||Population||Latitude/Longitude|
|1||Seattle||684,451||47.606 / -122.332|
|2||Spokane||213,272||47.66 / -117.429|
|3||Tacoma||207,948||47.253 / -122.444|
|4||Vancouver||172,860||45.639 / -122.661|
|5||Bellevue||139,820||47.61 / -122.201|
Most commonly abused substance in Washington
- Synthetic cannabinoids
Substance abuse statistics
- The 12th-grade students in Washington report misusing prescription drugs to get high and the rate of people who were misusing it were about 9%.
- About the death rates in the state- For drug-induced, it is about 1,196 and for alcohol-induced(How Long Does Alcohol Stay in Your System?), it is about 1,097 according to a survey reported in 2015.
- In the year 2014-2015, the deaths resulted due to the overdose of drugs were on the rise in the state and it is about 10.5%.
- The state has increased illicit drug users compared to the nationwide ratio of about 8.82% while the state count is about 10.82% in the year 2010.
- The stimulants in the state were marijuana at the top and after that drugs were the common reason found for the drug treatment admissions in the drug rehab centers in Washington state.
- In the state, it has been observed that more than 13% of annual death recorded were because of abusing or overdose of alcohol or drugs.
- For the abuse of methamphetamine, about 344 people died in 2015 and this is recorded as the highly potent and cheapest drug available in the market and it is found theta the 4th most commonly abused substance across the country.
- About 29 people in the state overdosed heroin in 2019 and this number is doubled than the total before a decade(2008) in the state.
- Drunk and driving deaths have been increased in the state and it has reached 6year high in 2015 with recorded 147 deaths.
- A maximum fine of about $25,000 and a jail sentence of 10 years has been judicial on the charge with the intent to deliver a controlled substance.
- To pass the regulations for taxing & controlling the recreational use of marijuana the state becomes one of the first to implement this in 2012.
- For the non-medical use of marijuana, the state has been observed more than $3million sales per day
- Between the years 1999-2015, the state is recorded with 9,798 deaths for the opioid abuse and in the year 2015 alone, about 692 people have died.
- The observed crime lab cases in the state in 2017 involving methamphetamines were 5,000 and for heroin, it was about 2,500 and that involving cannabis was about 800.
- Heroin was the most commonly abused substance in the state and it was mentioned in more than 22% of police reports in 2013.
- A sharp decrease has been recorded in the pound value it was about $23,000 per pound in 2014 whereas in the year 2016 it was about $8,000.
Substance abuse treatment
|S.No||Name of the drug||Number people received treatment||percentage|
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
If you are struggling with addiction, SAMHSA helps you to find local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
Addiction Aide HotLine
Addiction aide provides confidential drug abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve Long-term recovery, give us a call or fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Find a way to your recovery
The State Washington observed with many drug abuse cases and the state ranks in the top position on implementing some regulation to the people in order to avoid or regulate these drug-related deaths or abuse in the state. In order to help the people, there were many treatment centers available and if you wish to choose the best treatment center you can either check our center page(addictionaide) or make a call for a free assessment.
Current captions about Drug abuse in Washington
In King County, methamphetamine-related deaths rose approximately 400 percent from 2011 to 2016.
In 2016, there were nearly 87 deaths related to synthetic opioid.
In 2016, there were nearly 287 deaths related to heroin.