- Drug Rehab Centers In South Carolina
South Carolina is a state located in the Southeastern United States. The state is bordered by North Carolina in the north, by the Atlantic Ocean to the southeast, and Georgia in the southwest direction across the Savannah River. South Carolina is the 23rd most populous and the 40th most extensive state in the USA. The capital of the state is Columbia and the largest city is Charleston. The largest metropolitan area is Greenville-Anderson-Mauldin. The state is named after King Charles I of England.
These are the top cities in South Carolina:
||Name of the cities
||34.001 / -81.035
||32.777 / -79.931
||32.855 / -79.975
||32.794 / -79.863
||34.925 / -81.025
Most commonly abused drugs
- Stimulants, like methamphetamine
- Other opiates, including prescription drugs
Substance Abuse Statistics
- Alcohol is the most cited substance in the state for which a lot of people were checked into the South Dakota drug rehab facilities to treat. In that time both the usage of marijuana and methamphetamine were observed as a growing problem.
- In the past month, about 57.9% of residents have reported the abuse of alcohol in 2009 and it was higher than the national average of about 51.8%
- In 2009, about 51 people died in the state for drug usage
- According to the survey in 2010, about 7% of residents in the state use illicit drugs in the past month.
- About 2478 people in the state who entered for the treatment of both alcohol and drug addiction in 2010, according to the survey by Substance Abuse Treatment Episode Data Set. In that about 61.5% of them were male and about 38.5% were females.
- In between the years 2004 to 2011, there were 82 opioid death rates were observed, in 2013 its was about 17 and in 2014 it was about 16.
Between the years 2009 to 2013, about 9.2%(61,000 people) abuse alcohol.
- Among all the adults in the state about 18.3% of them who age in between 12-20 report binge drinking in the state. The state has been observed with the ever increase in its average of binge drinking than its national average.
- Since 2002, the arrests related to the drug overdose has been seemed to be increased when only 31 individuals were arrested. The usage of methamphetamine is high in the state.
- Only 10% of the people in the state, around 6,000 in number received treatment in the state for alcohol abuse from 2009-2013 and this number is more stagnant over the years.
- According to the statistics by SAMHSA, individuals who age more than 12 have a higher percentage of abuse, about 6.7% than compared to the national average. Government needs to take individual steps for preventing people from addiction and mental illness(prevention of mental illness)
- In 2010, 871 people entered treatment for alcohol only treatment with an additional 562 people who suffered from alcohol abuse combined with a secondary drug.
- South Dakota police seized about 31 pounds of methamphetamine in the year 2015, they identified and dismantled nearly 28 meth labs. 2,126 arrests for methamphetamine was made in the state, which is an alarming statistic considering the sparseness of the local population.
Substance abuse treatment
- In 2005- 2015 South Carolina Total Substance Abuse Admissions in the age of 12 and older.
For a substance use disorder, nearly 16032 people received treatment in South Carolina.
|| Name of the drug
||Number people received treatment
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
If you are struggling with addiction, SAMHSA helps you to find local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
Addictionaide provides confidential drug abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve Long-term recovery, give us a call or fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Find a way to your recovery
Drug and alcohol abuse or dependency in the state was a common problem for the people in South Carolina. The state is recorded with many emergency admissions for overdoses. ADHD problem among the kids is seen at some point in their life of about 16% of people among the total population. The government takes many initiative steps for the well being of the people. It has opened many treatment centers and a lot of therapies were provided in order to make anyone sober. Along with government organizations, there were many NGO’s who spread awareness about addiction and ill effects. If you are looking for a treatment center nearby, check our website addictionaide to know the center’s features and amenities. You can even talk to our expert for a free assessment.
Current captions about Drug abuse in South Carolina
In 2015, 594 deaths due to opioid overdose
Nearly 240,000 (5.9% ) people had diagnosed with alcohol abuse in 2015.
In 2015, 4.5 million opioid prescriptions were dispensed
You Can also View:
LET US CALL YOU
Dont go through the process of recovery alone. Get in touch with someone who can help.
BROWSE REHAB CENTERS
No matter where you live. There is a drug rehab center that can help you overcome your addiction