RHODE ISLAND SUBSTANCE ABUSE
Rhode Island which is officially known as the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, located in the New England region of the United States. It is the smallest state in the USA, the seventh least populous and it is the second-most densely populated state among all the 50 states in the USA. The state is bordered in the west by Connecticut, on the north and east direction by Massachusetts, to the south by the Atlantic Ocean. The state also shares a maritime border with New York. The capital of the state is Provithe dence and it is the most populous city. The state too has an official nickname “The Ocean State”.
These are the top cities in Rhode Island
|S.No||Name of the cities||Population||Latitude/Longitude||1||Providence||179,207||41.824 / -71.413|
|2||Warwick||81,699||41.7 / -71.416|
|3||Cranston||81,073||41.78 / -71.437|
|4||Pawtucket||71,591||41.879 / -71.383|
|5||East Providence||47,408||41.814 / -71.37|
Most commonly abused substance in Rhode Island
- Other opiates
Substance abuse statistics
- The overdose death rate for the use of Fentanyl has been increased in the city 15 times since 2009 and it is the major responsible drug in the state for highest death rates.
- For the overdose of illicit drugs, there has been observed a 135% increase from the year 2012 to 2016.
- About 4.7% of people aged between 12-17 reported the use of painkillers for the non-medical purpose and the count is about 3,000 people approximately from the year 2013-2014. This ratio is due to the usage of prescription drugs illegally or some of them use their family members' prescription to get drugs.
- Roughly about 7.7% of people who age above 12, that about 69,000 people were dependent or abusing alcohol in Rhode Island from 2013-2014.
- About 3.4% (30,000 approx.) of people aged over 12 were dependent or abusing illegal substances in Rhode Island from 2013-2014.
- On the whole, only 7.4% of them who were abusing alcohol in the age group 12 and older received treatment in Rhode Island from the year 2010-2014 and the count is about 6,000.
- The state has the highest rates of using illicit drugs in the nation for fatal drug overdoses in the year 2013.
- According to a survey in 2015, nearly 10% of people were reported using marijuana in the past month and in the same time period the usage of alcohol was recorded as 13% among the teens who age between 12 to 17.
- In the same year, the number of people using heroin is about 4,000 among those who age more than 12.
- 7% of Rhode Island residents were affected due to alcohol use disorders who age more than 12. According to the survey 2014-2015, approximately 536,000 people were reported using alcohol in the last month
- In 2015, across the country about 6.4 million people who age more than 12 abuse prescription painkillers, tranquilizers, stimulants, and sedatives.
- According to the legislation passed in 2014 on the state all licensed physicians to be registered for the PDMP. In that way, every medical professional has the opportunity to help the patients to put an end to their cycle of prescription drug abuse.
Substance abuse treatment
- In 2005- 2015 Rhode Island Total Substance Abuse Admissions in the age of 12 and older
For a substance use disorder, about 4320 people received treatment in Rhode Island.
|S.No||Name of the drug||Number people received treatment||percentage|
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
If you are struggling with addiction, SAMHSA helps you to find local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
Addiction Aide HotLine
Addiction aide provides confidential drug abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve Long-term recovery, give us a call or fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Find a way to your recovery
The state ranks in the top position for the fentanyl abuse and it is a major fear for the people in the state for spoiling their happiness, this increases the need for Fentanyl addiction Treatment. The state government takes many initiatives to help people by opening many treatment centers in their area and avails different programs with well-trained physicians and counselors. If you need to enquire about a program particular or want to have details about particular centers amenities, then check our website or make a free call to guide you.
Current captions about Drug abuse in Rhode Island
In 2014, nearly 170,000 adults in the state reported using marijuana
The majority of drug abuse are at least 18 years old.
In 2016, Fentanyl was associated with about 60 % of overdose deaths.