Drug Rehab Centers In Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania, which is officially called as the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania located at the Northeastern, Great Lakes and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States. Pennsylvania is the 5th most populous state in the country according to a recent government survey and it is the 33rd largest state by area
- Philadelphia - 1,580,863
- Pittsburgh - 302,407
- Allentown - 118,032
- Erie - 101,047
- Scranton - 76,089
The capital of Pennsylvania is Harrisburg, which is the 10th largest city.The state has a rich cultural history and the beautiful Appalachian mountains make a great place to live. In the year 2018, Pennsylvania is ranked as the tenth state for having major drug problems. Rate of substance abuse is very high in this state, one in four families live in this place suffer by these kinds of addiction.
Top five cities which has the highest ratio of substance abuse in Pennsylvania
- Fulton – 74.1
- Cambria – 65.4
- Beaver – 59.8
- Armstrong – 59.5
- Philadelphia – 59.4
These were the number of death counts in the major cities for every 1lakh person
Drug Overdose Deaths
- In 2017 there were 70,200 drug overdose deaths in the U.S
- 47,600 involved opioids
- Opioid drugs were detected in 85 percent of drug-related overdose deaths
- Fentanyl and fentanyl analogs (other synthetic narcotics) with more than 28,400 people have lost their lives due to fentanyl overdose
- 459 alcohol-related deaths occurred in the year 2010 on alcohol abuse
- Pennsylvania’s opioid overdose death rate was nearly 40 percent higher than the nation’s
Commonly abused drugs in Pennsylvania
- Fentanyl and fentanyl-related substances – 52 percent of cases
- Heroin – 45 percent of cases
- Benzodiazepines – 33 percent of cases
- Cocaine – 27 percent of cases
- Prescription opioids – 25 percent of cases
The particular state offers many kinds of treatments services like:
- Intervention service- Addiction normally damages a person’s brain and sometimes it won't allow them to think that they are in an issue and they need some help. In those cases, these intervention services can help your family to get out of the situation.
- Inpatient programs- There are many inpatient programs available in the state which can help you to heal both physically and mentally. It helps the person to grow and build a positive attitude and behavior towards the things in life to attain sobriety.
- The outpatient programs-Outpatient treatment provides you the support, motivation and the tips for your recovery.
- Aftercare services-A constant support and motivation after your recovery process are needed always to push you towards the path on sobriety, sometimes a relapse can occur if there is no proper aftercare service. When you feel low or depressed, having some negative thoughts, try to move towards these centers and get help from them.
- Drug and alcohol detox programs- These detox programs were the initial stage of the recovery process, which incase helps your body to get its normal life out of the drug control. It actually refreshes your organs from all kinds of toxins.
In 2010, there were 57,300 admissions into alcohol and drug rehab centers in Pennsylvania, in that 57,300, there were 68.6% of men and 31.4% of women.
In the year of 2010, Pennsylvania has 533 treatment centers for substance and alcohol abuse.
There were different types of treatments and therapies available in the centers, you can choose the best rehab centers and the treatment which helps you the most to recovery in your state if you are planning to move out of the state for getting treatment there were lots of options available.
Pennsylvania Addiction Prevention Programs
There were some addiction/relapse prevention programs available in the state in order to help the people of the state and give them awareness about addiction and its ill effects and the exact path to recovery.
- David’s Law–Opioid Overdose Reversal Act 139
- David’s Law–Opioid Overdose Reversal Act 139
- Pennsylvania Prescription Drug Take-Back Program
You Can also View:
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
If you are struggling with addiction, SAMHSA helps you to find local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
Addiction Aide HotLine
Addiction aide provides confidential drug abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve Long-term recovery, give us a call or fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Find a way to your recovery
The beautiful state with its ethnic nature has a major drug problem in the country and spoils the happiness and healthy family life. Addictionaide provides you some extra care to support your family or loved one to get out of these kinds of substance or alcohol abuse. We have a list of treatment centers near your area, who can support and guide you to the right path for recovering from addiction.
Current captions about Drug abuse in Pennsylvania
13 people died every day
In 2016, approximately 13 individuals have lost their lives every day from a drug overdose
Out of every 100,000 people, 36.5 lost their lives to a drug-related overdose
Nearly 70 percent were male
Nearly 70 percent of Pennsylvania resident who died from an overdose was male