Drug Rehab Centers In Oregon
Oregon is a state located in the Pacific Northwest region on the West Coast of the United States. The river of Columbia outlines most of Oregon’s northern boundary and in some part with washington, as of the same manner its eastren boundary has the river snake and Idaho.The southern part of the state is bordered by California and Nevada. Oregon is the 9th largest and the 27th most populous state in the USA. The capital of the state is Salem and it is the second most populous city in the state. Because of its diverse landscapes and waterways, Oregon's economy is largely powered by various forms of agriculture, fishing, and hydroelectric power. Oregon is also the top timber producer of the contiguous United States.
These are the top cities in Oregon
|S.No||Name of the cities||Population||Latitude/Longitude|
|1||Portland||632,309||45.523 / -122.676|
|2||Salem||164,549||44.943 / -123.035|
|3||Eugene||163,460||44.052 / -123.087|
|4||Gresham||110,553||45.498 / -122.431|
|5||Hillsboro||102,347||45.523 / -122.99|
Most commonly abused substance in Oregon
- Prescription drugs
Substance abuse statistics
- The state of Oregon has been observed with 285% increase on the hospitalizations caused by prescription opiate abuse in between the years 2000 and 2013.
- Especially in the city of Portland, Oregon the abuse of Methamphetamine exists as the greatest drug threat.
- For every 100,000 residents about 17.4 to 32.3 % of people were substance abusers in the cities of Astoria, Coos Bay, Eugene, and Roseberg according to drug abuse rates in 2010.
- As of 2013, For the abuse of prescription pain pill, the state has ranked 2nd in the nation.
- Among all the 50 states in the USA, Oregon ranks in the fifth-highest position for the rate of alcohol use disorder.
- Due to the issues faced by the substance abuse costs $6 million per year, Since it is a huge amount it is definitely a big burden for the taxpayers in oregon. The whole amount $6 million is taken into account on lost earnings, healthcare, criminal justice, automobile crashes and damage, fire damage and welfare costs.
- A significant portion of Oregon’s prison population was made up by Drug offenders, among those about 5% of people were convicted for drug charges and about 18% of them were convicted for a combination drug and other offenses.
- The death rates due to the usage of methamphetamine has been tripled in the state in 2014 as 140 as per the previous statistics took in 2001. The methamphetamine drug is the major threat in the state and contributes to many kinds of violence and crimes according to the majority of Oregon law enforcement agencies.
- According to the statistic measure from SAMHSA on the number of people in a particular age use opioids in the last year for nonmedical purposes. It is estimated in the study about 6.4 percent of Oregonians who age over 12 used prescription opioids for nonmedical purposes.
- Alcohol dependency rate was about 7% in the state of Oregon, it is roughly the same as those presented in the 2015.
- According to the report by the Centers for Disease Control in 2015, about 505 Oregon citizens died due to a drug overdose, and the main cause was due to the usage of prescription opioids and illegal heroin. Death from opioids is higher in the state than from firearms, traffic accidents, and injuries.
Substance abuse treatment
In Oregon, 3029 people received treatment for a substance use disorder.
|S.No||Name of the drug||Number people received treatment||percentage|
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
If you are struggling with addiction, SAMHSA helps you to find local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
Addiction Aide HotLine
Addiction aide provides confidential drug abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve Long-term recovery, give us a call or fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Find a way to your recovery
The state is recorded with many drugs and alcohol abuse cases and the state government spends a huge sum of amount for the welfare of the people in Oregon. There were many treatment centers available in Oregon to ail from. You can even choose the best facilities, therapies and centers according to the amenities & features listed in addictionaide website, even if you wish to travel outside your place we have many top listed treatment centers to help you. For free assessment feel free to call us.
Current captions about Drug abuse in Oregon
In 2016, nearly 952 people lost their lives due to drug overdose deaths
Nearly 328 overdose deaths by methamphetamine
Nearly, 159,000 people ages 21 or older abuse heavy alcohol