Drug Rehab Centers In North Dakota
North Dakota is located in the midwestern and northern regions of the United States. It is the fourth smallest in the population and 19th largest in area and the 4th most sparsely populated state. The largest city of the state is Fargo and the capital of the state is Bismarck. The state has the second lowest unemployment rate due to its natural resources(agriculture and minerals), which stands as the economic power for the state with its oil extraction and farming. The state borders Canada and lies at the center of the North American continent, in the southern direction it is bordered by South Dakota, in the east by Minnesota and the westside of the state is bordered by Montana.
These are the top cities in North Dakota
|S.No||Name of the cities||Population||Latitude/Longitude|
|1||Fargo||118,523||46.877 / -96.79|
|2||Bismarck||71,167||46.808 / -100.784|
|3||Grand Forks||57,011||47.925 / -97.033|
|4||Minot||49,450||48.233 / -101.296|
|5||West Fargo||33,597||46.875 / -96.9|
Most commonly abused drugs
Substance Abuse Statistics
- In the state of North Dakota it has been recently identified by the governor that the drug and alcohol abuse has become the number one social problem.
- Because of the drug and alcohol abuse, nearly half of the arrest in the state was made.
- Most misused substance is Alcohol which costs consumers a billion-dollar expense every year. The happiest news is that North Dakota alcohol-consuming ratio is very low compared to the national average.
- The death rates due to the drug overdose have been increased from 20 to 61 in the years 2013 and 2015 respectively.
- Methamphetamine is identified as the greatest drug threat according to the National Drug Intelligence Center for the residents of North Dakota.
- On the total of about 2000+ people who have enrolled in alcohol and drug treatment/substance abuse programs, 61.5% of them were males and 38.5% of them were females.
- In 2007, the total country’s combined health care cost for opioid abuse is $25 billion in that about $33 million were spent on North Dakota.
- In 2014 among all the arrests in the state, about 25% were due to DUI violations and nearly 45% of all fatal crashes were due to alcohol abuse.
- 30% of residents in North Dakota admitted to binge drinking in the past month, according to the study by CBS News.
- According to a study by the state government, there has been observed a promising decrease in the usage of illicit drugs in 2015.
- In 2011 about 6.5% of North Dakota residents report non-medical use of prescription drugs.
- In 2014, the government passes an additional law to prevent drunk and driving a mass campaign and social awareness were spread on the risks of drinking and driving.
- At one point in their lifetime, about 16.4% of students in grades 7 through 12 admitted for abusing drugs including prescription medications.
- A 564% increase has been observed on the methamphetamine-related drug violations in the state(rose from 246 in 2010 to 1,633 in 2015). In the same time period, the heroin violation skyrocketed by 4,300 percent.
Substance abuse treatment
- In 2005- 2015 North Dakota Total Substance Abuse Admissions in the age of 12 and older
- For Substance abuse disorder nearly 2900 people receive treatment
Age 18 And Older
|S.No||Name of the drug||Number people received treatment||Percentage|
You Can also View:
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
If you are struggling with addiction, SAMHSA helps you to find local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
Addiction Aide HotLine
Addiction aide provides confidential drug abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve Long-term recovery, give us a call or fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Find a way to your recovery
Drug and alcohol abuse is the major problem of the state. The government takes many initiative steps to help the people by enforcing some additional laws, creating awareness on drunk and driving, addiction related issues. Both the government and private organisation has opened many treatment centers to serve the people with the best kind of therapy they have. Even if you wish to travel outside of your place, we addictionaide provide you with lot of opportunities. Check our website to know the exact amenities and type of therapies available in each center. Call us for a free assessment!
Current captions about Drug abuse in North Dakota
In 2017, nearly 25% of the opioid overdose service calls Fargo police regarding resulted in a death.
In 2014, 1 in 6 juvenile arrests was associated with alcohol.
Nearly 4.9 percent of people reported non-medical use of prescription drugs in 2015