Drug Rehab Centers In New York
New York is the most populous state in the country and it is located in the north eastern part. It also has a city with the same name, in order to differentiate, it is most commonly known as the New York State and it is also the 4th most populous and the 27th largest state in the country. The famous city of the state is New York City which makes over 40% of the state’s population, which is also known as global city and it is home to many United Nations Headquarters. To the south, the state is bordered by New Jersey and Pennsylvania and to the east direction by Connecticut, Massachusetts and vermont.
These are the top cities in Alabama:
|S.No||Name of the cities||Population||Latitude/Longitude|
|1||New York||8,175,133||40.714 / -74.006|
|2||Brooklyn||2,300,664||40.65 / -73.95|
|3||Queens||2,272,771||40.681 / -73.837|
|4||Manhattan||1,487,536||40.783 / -73.966|
|5||Bronx||1,385,108||40.85 / -73.866|
Most commonly abused drugs
Substance Abuse Statistics
- In between the year 2014 and 2015, the state is observed with 20.4% increase in opioid overdose.
- To address the growing opioid abuse epidemic, the Governor Cuomo signed a Reform act on Prescription drug in 2012.
- About 12% of New York residents who age more than 12, experience some type of substance use disorder.
- The top two substances which were abused in the state were Marijuana and cocaine.
- About 98,000 residents in the state who were treated for some sort of substance abuse in the year 2015.
- One of the commonly abused drugs in NewYork is Heroin from the year 2010-2015, in addition to cocaine and marijuana. But it is very despite the fact that the heroin overdose death rates have been doubled over 5 years. To know more on the Symptoms of Heroin Addiction
- When observing the death rates in Newyork on 2014 which involves the usage of opioids is about 1,234 in that 2 age group peoples were more in number they are 25-34 and 45-54. In the overall victims the youngest one recorded with a the age of 10 and the oldest person age is 85.
- According to DAWN(Drug Abuse Warning Network)in 2012, the emergency room visits were more for cocaine than any other form of drugs, these visits were increased by 36 percent from 2004-2011.
- A survey made on the year 2015-2016 among the respondents in New York, reports high rates of illegal drug use in the month preceding the study. About 1,751,000 individuals in the state who age more than 18 had used at least one substance including marijuana and this count is about 11.41% of total population of adults in the state.
- The rate of cocaine usage among those individuals who age more than 18 in the New York state is about 2.55% and this percentage count is approximately 392,000 individuals.
- The adults in the state who age more than 18 who abuse heroin in the past year is at the rate of 0.45%, which is approx. about 68,000 individuals.
- Nearly 610,000 people or 3.98% of New York’s adults were abusing prescription pain relievers
- In the past month, roughly about 4,197,000 individuals(27.35%) were involved in binge drinking in New York.
Substance abuse treatment
- Total Substance abuse admissions in New York from 2005-2015 among those who age 12 and older
- For substance abuse disorder about 281335 people receive treatment in the drug rehab centers new york
|S.No||Name of the drug||Number people received treatment||Percentage|
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
If you are struggling with addiction, SAMHSA helps you to find local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
Addiction Aide HotLine
Addiction aide provides confidential drug abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve Long-term recovery, give us a call or fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Find a way to your recovery
The most populous and head quartered state has been suffering the most with abusing drugs and addiction. The government avails many treatment center and joining hands with the government organization private organization too spends their time and effort on creating awareness among the people on the ill effects of addiction. If you wish to find the correct recovery therapy that suits you, give a call and speak to our expertise. Happy Sobriety!
Current captions about Drug abuse in New York
Substance abuse disorders
In 2010, nearly 12% that’s 1.9 million New Yorkers were struggling with substance abuse disorders.
In 2014, approximately 109,000 people were arrested for drug crimes.
In 2011, more than 30 % of treatment admissions were for heroin addiction.