NEBRASKA SUBSTANCE ABUSE
Nebraska is a state located in the Great Plains and the Midwestern part of the United States. It is bordered in the north by South Dakota; in the east by lowa and in the southeast by Missouri and the southwest by Colorado, in the west by Wyoming. It is the only triply landlocked U.S. state. The largest city of the state is Omaha and its capital is Lincoln. It is the 37th state of America. Major economy of the state is due to agriculture and industry such as Food processing, machinery, electric equipment, printing and publishing also contributes to the state economy.
These are the top cities in Nebraska:
|S.No||Name of the cities||Population||Latitude/Longitude|
|1||Omaha||443,885||41.256 / -95.94|
|2||Lincoln||277,348||40.8 / -96.667|
|3||Bellevue||55,510||41.137 / -95.891|
|4||Grand Island||51,440||40.925 / -98.342|
|5||Kearney||33,021||40.699 / -99.081|
Most commonly abused substance in Nebraska
- Stimulants (i.e. methamphetamines)
- Cocaine/crack cocaine
Substance abuse facts
- The binge drinking among Nebraskan adults is more than the national average and it is about 3% in the past one month.
- In the past month about 6% of high school students were involved in binge drinking and about 7% of people reported driving when they are under alcohol influence.
- The usage of cocaine in the state is on the rise and about 4% of adults in between 18-25 age report using drugs.
- Cocaine use is on the rise in Nebraska, with nearly 4% of adults age 18-25 reporting use of the drug.
- In the past year about 37,000 Nebraskans were abusing or dependent on the illicit drugs (addicted to painkillers) above the age of 12.
- The alcohol abuse ratio is also higher in the state and it is even more than the national average in 2014-2015 (57.43% vs. 52.18%) among those who age 12 and older.
- About 20.3% of adults in Nebraska involved in binge drinking within a month in 2014. The binge drinking average and the number of people who are involved in, is also higher than the national average.
- Higher rate of participation in the drug treatment programs has been significantly observed among the Nebraska residents which is about 1,043 enrollees out of 100,000 people, the national average is about 557 enrollees per 100,000 people.
- In 2015, among those who were in the substance abuse treatment about 47.2% of them were in the treatment for both a drug and alcohol problem and for the drug problem alone there were 33% of people admitted for treatment, as of the same about 19.8% of people were admitted for treating alcohol problems.
- In 2014, Nebraskan is recorded with 8 in 10 poisoning deaths were due to the usage of illicit and prescribed drugs.
- This figure is higher than the national average, which is around 22 percent. Nearly 1 in 5 Lincoln high school students report drinking, based on a 2015 survey.
- Since 2014, a 40% increase in opioid overdoses While prescription opioids (painkillers like OxyContin and Vicodin) and illicit opioids like heroin are quickly claiming lives, which results on many drug rehab centers in Nebraska for those struggling. Hope and help are possible.
Substance abuse treatment
For a Substance abuse addiction, nearly 16,463 people received treatment in 2015.
|S.No||Name of the drug||Number people received treatment||percentage|
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
If you are struggling with addiction, SAMHSA helps you to find local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
Addiction Aide HotLine
Addiction aide provides confidential drug abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve Long-term recovery, give us a call or fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Find a way to your recovery
For abusing alcohol and drugs the state is observed with the highest ratio while compared to the national average level. Inorder to help the people of the state, the government opens many treatment centers to avail treatment for the addicts at very low and affordable price. Not only the state government, the private organisation too provides various kinds of treatments. If you wish to avail different therapies for you treatment, you are provided with many other options too, kindly check our website or contact our executive to know more. Even if you wish to travel outside of your state for your treatment, we can help you with multiple options.
Current captions about Drug abuse in Nebraska
Nearly 30%, of fatal car accidents, included alcohol in Nebraska.
In 2016, 22 out of 100 people held in prescriptions for opioid drugs.
Nearly 40%, rise in opioid overdoses.