Drug Rehab Centers In Michigan
Drug Rehab Centers In Michigan
Michigan is a state located in the Midwestern and Great Lakes region of the United States. The name for the state is derived from Ojibwe word mishigamaa, which means large lake or large water. It is the 10th most populous and the 11th most extensive total area, it is the largest state which encomposses the total area east of the Mississippi River. Lansing is the capital of the state and Detroit is the largest city in the state.
Largest cities in Michigan:
||Name of the cities
||42.331 / -83.046
||42.963 / -85.668
||42.49 / -83.013
||42.58 / -83.03
||42.278 / -83.741
Most commonly abused substances in Michigan
Substance abuse statistics
- Detroit sees a great deal of substance abuse cases, especially those involving heroin. The good news is, the percentage of drug treatment admissions that involved heroin (33.3 percent) decreased by 1.2 percent from 2012 when it was 34.5 percent.
- Among the 50 states in America, 19 states were observed with increased death rates due to drug overdose and in that 19 one of the states is Michigan according to the survey by CDC. Commonly associated drugs which were the reason for the death were prescribed and illicit drugs.
- The individuals who were admitted in the treatment centers for the use of marijuina has been increased from 13 percent to 18 percent in the year 2012 and 2103 respectively. More than 20 percent of those admitted were under the age of 18, and more than 60 percent were male.
- In the total number of people who suffer from alcohol dependency, only 8 percent of them receive treatment especially detoxing from alcohol in Michigan alcohol detox care.
- If the current increases in drug activity continue it along with mental illness will surpass physical illness by the year 2020.
- In one year there were over 47,000 arrests due to narcotics offenses.
- 2 percent of Michigan’s state budget is allocated towards the treatment, prevention, and consequences of drug addiction
- An estimated 6 to 8 hundred thousand individuals ages 12 and older are dependent on drugs or alcohol.
- Over 47,000 people were in drug or alcohol addiction treatment in 2014, a sharp decline from previous years.
- In 2012, it has been recorded that the individuals who age between 35 to 54 years for the highest drug overdose in 2012
- Admissions in the addiction treatment centers for the usage of Meth has been increased by 46%
- Even the arrest rate in the state also increased by 46%, due to the usage of meth in 2015
- Researchers estimate that the taxation and regulation of marijuana will net Michigan around $883 million by 2025.
- Marquette County, for example, prosecuted more than one hundred meth felonies last year—more than 2016 and 2017 combined.
- In 2016, Michigan passed a good Samaritan law, which in certain circumstances prevents drug possession charges for those who seek help during an overdose.
- In 2017, Michigan Governor Rick Snyder authorized a standing order pre-authorizing pharmacists to distribute naloxone (Narcan) to anyone without a prescription. Naloxone is an opioid overdose reversal drug that can prevent death if given quickly enough during an overdose.
Substance abuse treatment
For a substance use disorder nearly 55180 people received treatment in Michigan in 2015.
||Name of the drug
||Number people received treatment
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
If you are struggling with addiction, SAMHSA helps you to find local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
Addiction Aide HotLine
Addiction aide provides confidential drug abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve Long-term recovery, give us a call or fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Find a way to your recovery
Even though the state bears a long freshwater coastline, the exchange of drugs in the state is the major problem. The people in the state suffer from addiction-related issues, to help the people of the state government opens many treatment centers near their area, to give them a peaceful lifestyle. If you find you or your loved one suffering from these kinds of addiction, try to help them with the exact kind of therapy which helps then to recovery from addiction. Addictionaide helps you to find the right center near you, get a call from us to help you with the list of treatment centers that guides you towards recovery and sobriety.
Current captions about Drug abuse in Michigan
Nearly 4 million more opioid prescriptions were written in 2014.
For schedule II drugs, about 745 million prescriptions were written.
An estimated 32% of Hydrocodone prescription drug was written.
You Can also View:
LET US CALL YOU
Dont go through the process of recovery alone. Get in touch with someone who can help.
BROWSE REHAB CENTERS
No matter where you live. There is a drug rehab center that can help you overcome your addiction