MASSACHUSETTS SUBSTANCE ABUSE
Massachusetts is another state which has called with the prefix “Commonwealth”, officially known as Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the most populous state located in the northeastern part of the United States. It is bordered in the east by the Atlantic ocean and in the south by Connecticut and Rhode Island, in the north direction by New Hampshire and Vermont, to the west by New York. Boston is the capital of the state. During the industrial revolution the state has been transformed into a manufacturing center, before that it is originally dependent on agriculture, trade and fishing.
Largest cities in Massachusetts
|S.No||Name of the cities||Population||Latitude/Longitude|
|1||Boston||667,137||42.358 / -71.06|
|2||Worcester||184,815||42.263 / -71.802|
|3||Springfield||154,341||42.101 / -72.59|
|4||Lowell||110,699||42.633 / -71.316|
|5||Cambridge||110,402||42.375 / -71.106|
Most commonly abused substance in Massachusetts
- Opiates, including prescription and nonprescription
- Other (including stimulants, methamphetamine, and benzodiazepines)
Substance abuse in Massachusetts
- According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, Massachusetts is one of the top 10 states most crippled by the opioid epidemic
- An increase of about 256 percent has been observed on the hospital visits in the state due to heroin related issues in the year 2011 to 2015.
- In the first quarter addiction statistics report over 1900 people overdosed on opiates alone.
- With the overdose of opioids alone, nearly 1900 people
- In the last quarter of 2016 EMS officials recorded 5107 opioid-related incidents.
- Massachusetts ranks 32nd on the list of overdose deaths in the United States.
- For overdose death rates, the state is ranked 32nd position on the overall United States.
- Nearly 10,770 drug charges were filed in one year.
- 22 percent of the Massachusetts state budget goes to the treatment, prevention, and consequences of drug addiction (Fentanyl addiction Treatment).
- Cocaine, crack, and heroin use is still on the rise
- In the year 2016 it has been recorded that the death rates due to the opioid related issues in Massachusetts was confirmed as 1,933, with the estimated total number reaching past 2,000 deaths.
- These numbers have risen steadily since 2000, and are projected to increase in 2017.
- About 17.7 percent of young people in the state who age between 12 to 20 involved in binge drinking.Since 2010, every year the rate of binge drinking has been increased and its really higher than the national average.
- From 2013 to 2014, nearly 13.6 percent of people, i.e approximately 22,000 people receive drug rehab centers in Massachusetts. If you are struggling with addiction, the state provides you with a variety of options— don’t become a statistic if you’re struggling.
- Alcohol abuse in the United States is a common issue and there is no exception in that for this state too. But with the increase in the treatment centers providing different therapies, counseling and awareness gives hope for the people in the state.
- In 2014, a survey has been released by The National Survey on Drug Abuse and Health states that the people in the state who ages over 12 with the use of illicit drugs has been found to be 13 percent.
- From 2010-2014, more than 92% of adults who suffer with alcohol and drug abuse did not receive any kind of treatment.
- In 2014, according to The Boston Globe, people in the state who ages 25 to 34 were the victim of bulk deaths due to the prescription overdose
Substance abuse treatment
In Massachusetts, For a substance use disorder nearly 91,164 people received treatment in 2015
|S.No||Name of the drug||Number people received treatment||Percentage|
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
If you are struggling with addiction, SAMHSA helps you to find local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
Addiction Aide HotLine
Addiction aide provides confidential drug abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve Long-term recovery, give us a call or fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Find a way to your recovery
Massachusetts is the most populous state, which is a hub for the industrial area, a quickly developed state too has many problems with addiction. Government offers many awareness problems, offers after care counselling facilities and has opened many treatment centers to help the people to have a happy and healthier life. We, addiction aide provides you with a lot of treatment centers near you, you can choose the best kind of therapy which suits you. Even if you wish to travel outside of your state for treatment, we are here to help you with multiple options, to guide and help you on your recovery process.
Current captions about Drug abuse in Massachusetts
From 2012-2014, 1003 people lost their lives in crashes involving alcohol.
In 2014, nearly 104,233 people admitted to drug treatment.
Number of Addicts
383,000 people were addicted to alcohol