DRUG REHAB CENTERS IN FLORIDA
DRUG REHAB CENTERS IN FLORIDA
Florida is the southernmost state in the United States, which is bordered by the Gulf of Mexico in the west, Alabama in the northwest direction, Georgia in the north and Atlantic ocean by the east. Florida is the 3rd-most populous, 22nd-most extensive, and 8th-most densely populated state in the country. The most populous municipality in the state is Jacksonville and the largest one by area in the contiguous United States. Florida’s Most populous urban area is the Miami metropolitan area. Tallahassee is the state’s capital.
||Name of the cities
||30.332 / -81.656
||25.774 / -80.194
||27.948 / -82.458
||28.538 / -81.379
||27.771 / -82.679
Most commonly abused substance Florida
- Prescription drugs
Substance abuse in Florida
- In the year 2014, the overall death rates related to drugs in Florida was increased by 14%
- Death rates related to opioids has been increased by 22.7% in the state, resulting in 3228 deaths from 2014 to 2015
- Among the 19 states across the country, Florida is also the one which experiences the highest increase of death rates for using opioids from 2014 to 2015
- 6% of residents in the state, who are aged over 12 suffer alcohol addiction
- Between the years, 2003 to 2009 rate of oxycodone overdoses has been increased by 246.6% in Florida
- The death rates on overdosing drugs were 3,181 in the year 2010 which is more than the people who died with car accidents and firearms in the state of about (2,536) and (2,268) respectively
- More people in the state i.e of about 58% of them were drinkers. In many counties like Monroe, Sarasota, and Pinellas about 70% of the total population consumes alcohol
- There is an increase of about 89% fatalities in the year 2011 to 2012 due to the heroin overdose. Since it is situated in the southern part of the country, heroin can be easily brought into the state from Mexico
- Adults aged between 18-29 years more affected by heroin abuse.
- The most commonly abused substance in the state was drugs which were observed by the number of admissions to the drug rehab centers in Florida according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration and the state’s website
- In 2009 for alcohol abuse nearly 14,000 people were admitted in the state for the treatment
- In addition to the alcohol abuse, nearly 8400 people were admitted for some other secondary drug abuse with alcohol in the treatment center
- In addition to the alcohol abuse in the state, where nearly 20% of individuals smoke tobacco in the state in the year 2011. There have been increased fluctuations in the percentage from 12 to 29% on different localities in Florida.
- 1.2 million people in the state need treatment for addiction in the year 2012, but the actual number of people didn’t receive it.
- The usage of smokeless tobacco products in the year 2011 was about 3% among adult individuals.
Substance abuse treatment in Florida
These are the top cities in Florida:
||Name of the drug
||Number people received treatment
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
If you are struggling with addiction, SAMHSA helps you to find local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
Addiction aide provides confidential drug abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve Long-term recovery, give us a call or fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Find a way to recovery
Abusing drugs were the major issue in the state and it has been observed that it is increasing day by day. Government and private organizations provide many awareness, treatments, and counseling for the people in order to help them with addiction. Addictionaide has a list of treatment centers to help you out with the affordable one you can choose according to your needs.
Current captions about Drug abuse in Florida
Find a Way to Your Recovery
In 2013, 10,930 individuals were arrested for drug crimes
When compared with 2014, heroin overdose deaths have been increased by 79.7 percent in 2015
From 2012 to 2015, admissions for Heroin treatment increased by 93.9 percent
You Can also View:
LET US CALL YOU
Dont go through the process of recovery alone. Get in touch with someone who can help.
BROWSE REHAB CENTERS
No matter where you live. There is a drug rehab center that can help you overcome your addiction