Drug Rehab Centers In Delaware
Delaware is located in the Southern or South-Atlantic region of the United States.It has Maryland in the South and west direction and has Pennsylvania in the north, New Jersey and atlantic ocean in the east.The name of the state is driven from Thomas West, 3rd Baron De La Warr, an English nobleman and Virginia's first colonial governor.
Delaware is the 2nd smallest and sixth most densely populated state in the country. Largest city in the state is Wilmington.It has 3 counties New Castle County, Kent County, and Sussex County. While the Sussex and Kent counties have historically been predominantly agricultural, whereas the New Castle County is more industrialized.
|S.No||Name of the cities||Population||Latitude/Longitude|
|1||Wilmington||70,851||39.73 / -75.53|
|2||Dover||36,047||39.16 / -75.52|
|3||Newark||31,454||39.68 / -75.76|
|5||Smyrna||10,023||39.29 / -75.61|
Most commonly abused substance in Delaware
- Powder and crack cocaine
- Prescription drugs
Substance abuse statistics
- Drug-related overdose deaths in the state has been increased from 172 to 228 in the years 2012 to 2015, inducing the need for drug rehab centers in delaware.
- 2014 to 2015 in this particular year there has been a rise in cocaine related death issues of about 44.8%, which is comparatively high than the previous 2 years.
- After a decrease of 17.5% between 2012 and 2013, heroin-related deaths rise more than 90% from 2013 to 2014
- Fentanyl overdose deaths in Delaware nearly quadrupled from 2014 to 2015.
- An increased death rate of about 5.3% (around 198 deaths) has been observed in the delaware due to opioid overdose.
- In the past one month, over 10% of youth in the state who age between 12 to 17, abuse illicit drugs.
- A 2% of alcohol addiction has been observed in the state among the residents who are aged over 12
- Surpassing an average of 2.6% nationwide, about 4% of people in this state suffer from drug addiction
- About 90% of people in delaware who struggle with alcohol addiction were not receiving any treatment
- A 71 percentage of people who struggle with drug addiction in the state do not receive any kind of treatment
- Multi drug usage is very common in the state, nearly 308 people died because of heroin and fentanyl overdose
- In a particular day May 23,2017 due to overdosage of drugs nearly 85 people died.
Substance abuse treatment
- Treatment centers were reported with 1845 admissions for recovering from heroin (Symptoms of Heroin Addiction) in the year 2012 which has been increased to 2750 in 2013 and 3182 in 2014. Whereas the admissions on alcohol addiction has been declined to 1,105 in 2014 from 1,924 in 2010
- Among individuals aged 12 or older with illicit drug dependence or abuse, about 7,000 individuals per year (29%) from 2010 to 2014 received treatment within the year prior to being surveyed.
- Delaware’s annual average of treatment for individuals aged 12 or older with drug dependence or abuse was higher than the annual national average (14.1%) from 2010 to 2014
- The enrollment in the treatment centers for substance abuse for a single day is 4,607 in 2011 and it has increased to 10,327 in 2015
- In 2005- 2015 Delaware Total Substance Abuse Admissions in the age of 12 and older
- 7,900 people received treatment in Delaware for a substance use disorder.
|S.No||Name of the drug||Number people received treatment||Percentage|
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
If you are struggling with addiction, SAMHSA helps you to find local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
Addiction Aide HotLine
Addiction aide provides confidential drug abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve Long-term recovery, give us a call or fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Find a way to your recovery
In this state apart from a very good lifestyle, substance abuse is a major issue faced by the people. Government help the people with many addiction treatment centers in the state. If you are interested in choosing a private center for your treatment, there are also many centers available in the state. You can visit addictionaide to know more about the centers in your place or you can choose different centers which offers comfortable therapy for your addiction that can be available anywhere within your state or else anywhere you wish to travel in the country. Have a happy recovery!
Opioid overdose death
From 2014 to 2015, Opioid overdose death rates increased by nearly 5.3%, resulting in 198 deaths.
More than 90% of people who struggle with alcohol addiction did not get treatment.
Nearly 71% of people who struggle with drug addiction did not get treatment.