Drug Rehab Centers In Arkansas
Arkansas is a state located in the southern region of the United States, which has a population of about 3 million people in the year 2018.
The state's diverse geography ranges from the mountainous regions of the Ozark and Ouachita Mountains, which make up the U.S. Interior Highlands, to the densely forested land in the south known as the Arkansas Timberlands, to the eastern lowlands along the Mississippi River and the Arkansas Delta.
Arkansas is the 33rd most populous and 29th largest state by area nationwide.The capital of the city is Little Rock,which is the center part of the state and a hub for culture,transportation, business and government.This beautiful city is no exemption from the addiction related issues and in the year 2000-2003, there were less number of drug rehab centers in arkansas to recover. Later on many Treatment centers were established to save the people from addiction.
|1||Little Rock||197,992||34.746 / -92.2|
|2||Fort Smith||88,194||35.386 / -94.399|
|3||Fayetteville||82,830||36.063 / -94.157|
|4||Springdale||77,859||36.187 / -94.129|
|5||Jonesboro||73,907||35.842 / -90.704|
Most commonly abused substance in Arkansas
- Prescription drugs
Substance abuse statistics
- In Arkansas, roughly about 12% of people between 12 to 20 years of age were into binge drinking regularly
- In 2013, Arkansas has more than 132,00 heavy alcohol consumers who were adults aged more than 20 years
- Around 5% of people in Arkansas struggle with alcohol addiction
- Fatal crashes in this particular state involving alcohol abuse have been recorded as 28%
- The number of patients admitted for recovery treatment in the state has been increased to 134% from the year 2001 to 2009
- It has been reported that in the past year nearly 15,000 adolescents abuse pain relievers statewide
- Around 4% of people in Arkansas struggle with drug addiction
- Merely 125 people out of 1lakh were abusing marijuana as a primary drug in the year 2011
- An increase in the death rate of about 9.5% has been observed from 2014 to 2015 due to the overdose of opioids which was resulting in 392 deaths
- Arkansas is ranked among the top 10 states with the highest methamphetamine use and arrest rates
- This particular state is no exception for the opioid epidemic sweeping America
- In the latest survey conducted by the Arkansas Center for Health Improvement, there is an increased rate on the use of prescription opioids has been observed compared to the nationwide usage
- Thousands of people in the state were struggling for drug rehab accessibility and the statistics which was collected in the year 2013-2014 by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration on abusing illicit drugs were remaining the same until now
- 88% of people who were addicted to alcohol did not receive any kind of treatment in the year 2013. 11% of people received treatment in that year since the state opened many affordable alcohol rehab centers.
- Nearly 132000 adults have been reported or heavy alcohol usage in the year 2010-2014.
Substance abuse treatment
- In 2005- 2015 Arkansas Total Substance Abuse Admissions in the age of 12 and older
In Arkansas, 11,753 people received treatment for a substance use disorder
|S.No||Name of the drug||Number people received treatment||Percentage|
- There were approximately 180 rehab centers in AR which focused primarily on eliminating alcohol addiction
- Almost 1440 people enrolled in a drug rehab in Arkansas which focused on treating polydrug addiction (including cocaine, heroin, etc) as well as a co-occurring disorder program which deals with mental health issues.
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
If you are struggling with addiction, SAMHSA helps you to find local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
Addiction Aide HotLine
Addiction aide provides confidential drug abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve Long-term recovery, give us a call or fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Find a way to your recovery
The state government provides multiple opportunities for people who were addicted. Arkansas has many governments and private treatment centers for those who were struggling with helps them with aftercare facilities to let them stay sober throughout their life. We addictionaide listed the top most treatment centers in your area, to guide people towards sobriety.
Current captions about Drug abuse in Arkansaa
Find a Way to Your Recovery
In 2013, 10,930 individuals were arrested for drug crimes
In Alabama, 753 people were admitted in rehab for treatment due to cocaine addiction
Drug Overdose Death Rates
From 2013 to 2014, in Alabama drug overdose death rates jumped 20 %