Table Of Contents
- The significance of factoring in information about various aspects
- Categories of patients on a different basis
- The clinical assessment of each category
- The costing of the rehab center
- The legal issues that prevail around
- The involvement of the family
- About the resources of treatment
- Availability of aftercare therapy
- Other factors
- The Bottom Line
The planning committee in any rehab center is well prepared for the diversity of patients expected to use its facilities. It’s evident that patients from different backgrounds will be involved in the rehab process. However, things that are not so obvious are the individual factors and their disorders. This is the reason why there are certain factors to be considered in program planning for any drug and alcohol rehab.
If we carefully notice the function of a drug rehabilitation center, we see that mostly it’s the holistic approach that is employed. In a few cases, when the addiction is severe, the detox program takes over. Still, the psychological part of addiction treatment stays. The counseling for substance abuse targets the areas where the patient has the weakest link.
The Significance Of Factoring Information About Various Aspects
As mentioned above, every patient is different and no single medicine works on everyone equally effectively. The management level leaders in the planning committee, along with staff members, need several information factors for the drug rehabilitation program planning process. It’s to figure out a plan that targets the most problematic area for a patient. Moreover, to get the most out of the efforts of the group, they need to factor in the following points of information.
Categories Of Patients On A Different Basis
The target potential group members can be categorized to differentiate between the treatment intervention for each of them. They are kept under the scanner to determine behavioral factors and treatment needs. The following questions are taken for each patient to put them in a specified category. Let’s take a look at each of them.
- The frequency of co-occurring disorders to kick in. For example, if a person suffers from another mental disorder, how much dominance does it hold in a person’s life?
- Other than just mental disorders, is the patient suffering from other diseases like HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, or any other transmitted diseases?
- The demographic factors of the patient like occupation, employment status, geographic location, income level, family support, etc.
- Similar quantitative and qualitative data for further differentiation.
- Drug and alcohol addicts are also prone to making some legal mistakes after developing the habit. So, all the criminal records of each patient are checked for making their groups with similarly matched people.
The Clinical Assessment Of Each Category
Every category has different characteristics. The same goes for every patient on the basis of different characteristics. One can easily detect different characteristics once an in-depth medical and psychological assessment is completed. Only after that, rehabs can be sure about implementing a plan on a patient if the clinical assessment results are predictable. If something new pops up, a new program might have to be implemented on a patient. This process is called the clinical assessment for program planning for each patient.
Remember, patience from one group can never be exactly identical. So, the same policy must be used while devising programs for them as well.
The Costing Of The Rehab Center
The drug and alcohol rehabs charge the patient with a fee that corresponds to the services provided. The rehab needs to reorganize the variables around it. These variables include competitors, patient’s criminal history, the justice system’s order, etc. For example, some additional costs are levied to someone with a criminal history.
Some other factors that influence the cost are as follows.
- The number of resources already in use and the acquired ones. The more resources used in the treatment, the more will be the cost.
- The number of people who gave their time and the new specialists that were needed to be hired.
- The technology used in the treatment procedure. For example, decision making through program monitoring, CCTV surveillance, computer equipment process.
- The planning committee is also responsible for assessing the cost to be incurred in executing the whole treatment program by combining every factor of input.
- Also, they need to differentiate between successful operations and the ones that went on but didn’t bear much fruit.
Most of the rehab centers must evaluate the quantitative benefits of a particular program to determine the cost in the end.
The Legal Issues That Prevail Around
Every business has to work according to the legal environment prevailing around it. Due to the diversity of laws in every region, no business can be rigid with its decisions. However, these regulations are fixed for drug rehab centers only up to a certain extent.
Not many of us know that the legal background of a patient is also tested before admitting him into the center. It depends on how the judges decide his further course of action. The legal environment also calls for recording the progress of that patient due to him breaking some rules. The legal environment also decides the cost, progress, surveillance, etc. of a particular patient.
The Involvement Of The Family
The family of the addict must take part in the overall treatment process. One can easily be influenced if the recovery process involves emotional motivation that only the family can provide. Most drug rehab centers implement the healing process through the relationships of individuals with their close ones. The encouragement they get during the process can help them big-time for early results. So, along with psychiatrists, clinical staff and support, group therapy and family involvement is needed. The program is decided after assessing the involvement of the family in the process.
About The Resources Of The Treatment
Every drug rehab center needs to know about the available resources for treatment. These resources include detoxification facilities, human resources, amenities to the patients, etc. that currently exist in the rehab premises.
The planning committee who is aware of the process of treatment can help with maintaining their inventory, and the status of the drug rehabilitation center. The more people know about its effectiveness and features, the more it will get the number of patients.
Some areas in which the customers might have a deficit are as follows.
- Parenting skills and other life skills
- Multitasking skills
- Mental and physical health
- Education and literacy
- Child care situation
- Vocational skills
- Problems in legalities
- Domestic violence problems
The treatment resources of the particulate rehab center might provide for fulfilling the deficit.
Availability Of Aftercare Therapy
While most rehab centers would want to help their patients continue the same habits that depicted in the rehab period, they employ an aftercare therapy. If they do, it’s not only beneficial for the patient but also for the drug rehab premises (as it enhances their image). The aftercare program includes frequent visits of the patient to the facility to attend workshops to prevent any relapse. However, it’s not always possible to employ equally intensive aftercare programs. It depends on the patient as well as the plans offered by the rehab center.
As we know there are many variables while selecting a program. It’s the subjective knowledge for the rehab center to address before laying out the guidelines. So, the following are the other factors it needs to take into consideration.
- The success rate of a particular plan. Every plan might have a different success when treating a patient of a particular category. To identify the accurate figures of success rate, the rehab center must be open to feedback and customer reviews. It should work accordingly after that.
- The duration of treatment also influences the decisions to plan a program. For example, if the patient is not severely a victim of addiction, he can be admitted to an outpatient program.
- Under the available resources for treatment, comes the staff i.e. the Human resource in a rehab center. Any rehab center can only plan for programs if the human resources are adequate in terms of quality and quantity. For example, we need psychiatrists, physiologists, and some other types of doctors to treat a patient. The quality of education for these doctors should be enough to identify and plan a program. Also, they should be adequate in number to handle the huge crowd of patients in a rehab center.
Other than the above points, every rehabs in san antonio, Queensland has to select a treatment program for patients subjectively. Otherwise, the point of having enough information is useless. The planning committee considers every resource available and corresponds to the treatment system to design some realistic programs. So, it’s inevitable to manage every piece of information mentioned above and creating a memorandum of understanding citing all the goals.
These goals should include everything starting from some broad missions and the most minute details. The program designing comes after knowing that the patient can be treated. It’s only if the planning committee knows what exactly they have in store. And to know that, the above points of information should be considered.